[Contest] 20 licenses for RoboForm Everywhere
Update: Giveaway is over but if you are still interested in the best password manager in town you can download it here – Roboform Download.
Passwords are an important part of our digital life and chances are you have at least several dozen of them. One solution is to use the same password with all your accounts (email, social networks, …) and you’re all done, nothing much else to remember. However this is the most disastrous solution, as if one of your accounts gets compromised all of them will. The normal solution is to have a separate password for each of your online accounts, which will add-up to quite the number of passwords to remember… if only you’d have something to remember passwords for you.
Of course you have, there are several password managers out there from web solutions to desktop or mobile ones, but the oldest and most popular of all is RoboForm. Launched about 16 years ago, it’s a robust solution that spans through all mediums, from your desktop PC to your USB sticks or smartphones, and now’s your chance to win one of the 20 licenses Siber Systems provided us with to organize this contest.
The 20 licenses available are valid for RoboForm Everywhere for a full year (new users). Here are the conditions for this contest:
- To participate just scroll a bit down until you reach the Rafflecopter widget. Just login (Facebook login is accepted too) and submit your entry to have 1 chance at winning. There are other actions you can do to increase your chances, but they’re not mandatory.
- Don’t create multiple accounts to try to increase your chances, as Rafflecopter will show the IP of each entry so if I see 2 different accounts with the same IP one will get banned :).
- Contest lasts between Saturday 28-Mar-2015 (12 a.m. GMT+2) and Saturday 4-Apr-2015 (11:59 p.m. GMT+2)
- The prize consists of 20 licenses for RoboForm Everywhere valid for a full year ($19.99 value each).
- Each license can be activated by new RoboForm users (so if you already have an Everywhere account it won’t work with it).
As far as proof, the screenshot below shows the licenses I received to give away (plus the instructions):
You didn’t think I’d leave the licenses un-blurred, did you :)? Anyway, use the widget below to participate and you’ll receive the real-deal if you’re lucky enough:
About RoboForm Everywhere
RoboForm, in essence, started as a password manager and online form filler. Meaning, for every online account that requires login it will save the username, the associated password and the url you visit & login at. Incredibly handy since you basically don’t have to remember anything. These are called passcards, but I consider them useful as bookmarks too, since they also keep the login url. Aside these, RoboForm offers Safenotes as well, these are personal notes (duh!) where you can enter any text you want and it will keep it secure.
RoboForm also has Identities, where practically you can enter any information related to a person (name, address, business, bank account information & even custom fields) so that you can automatically fill in forms such as entries for contests/sweepstakes or even registration forms. Lastly, it will act as a password generator, thus will create a very secure password you can use when signing-up (i.e. some sites require a letter, digit, special character – with RoboForm you have all that). Best of all, it will be shown as a toolbar in your browser with access to everything:
Above is the essence of what RoboForm does. The RoboForm Everywhere version is a actually a service that allows you to do this:
- install RoboForm on your desktop computer, laptop (as many as you have)
- install RoboForm2Go on an USB stick so that you have a portable version
- install RoboForm apps for iOS or Android, again on as many devices you have
- all the data will then be synchronized between all of your devices through the Everywhere service
- you’ll also be able to login to a web server to manage your RoboForm data (though only from your devices you can edit the information)
- lastly, you’ll be able to add a bookmarklet in your browser to access your information when you’re not at your computer where you have RoboForm installed
RoboForm is not ideal only for remembering passwords, safenotes, identities and generating registration information, it’s also very good with helping you save time. Do you participate often in sweepstakes that require entering a lot of data? Then RoboForm will help you enter it quicker. Even better, if you’ve filled a form before you have the option of saving it entirely for later. Thus if you need to fill in the same form a month later you only have to click a button and it will fill it in.
Here are just a few of the features that make RoboForm the choice of millions of users that want to handle their sensitive data smarter:
- Password Management. The core feature in RoboForm, it will let you store login information for as many sites as you need along with the URL of the login page. Passcards can be organized in directories and a tiny thing that makes a big difference is the fact that it will store and show the Favicon for that particular site. Cool visual aid. Passcards can be locked (so that you don’t accidentally change them), you can add notes for a particular passcard and if you have multiple accounts for the same domain you can set a default one to be suggested first. RoboForm can even automatically fill & submit the login details, just right-click a passcard and tell it to Go & Fill – automagically you’ll be logged into that site.
- Bookmarks & Applications. With RoboForm attached to your browser (shows as a toolbar) you can save a page in your Bookmarks to access it quicker later. While RoboForm is most useful when attached to the browser, you can use it with your Windows applications as well, just have it running in your tray and you’ll be able to save application login information as well.
- Safe Identities. You can store full identities in RoboForm. Names, addresses, bank information, credit cards, favorite password/username/email for registrations – RoboForm will save it all, and if there’s something you miss it offers a Custom section where you can enter a field name to associate with a default value.
- Safe Notes. Ever wanted to have a secure Notepad? You can with RoboForm, as you’ll be able to create text files that are secured with a password: SafeNotes.
- Contacts Management. You can save your contacts in RoboForm along with any sensitive information you want stored about them.
- Manage Everything. All the RoboForm data can be backed-up, synchronized (across all of your devices), searched through, exported (if you want to import it elsewhere) and even printed on paper if you feel it’s safe (it’s not actually so careful with that).
- Master Protection. Your data is securely kept and you can password-protect everything with a master password that cannot be cracked. Careful though, if you lose that password there’s no way of recovering any of your information so all’s lost forever. If you use RoboForm mainly on your home computers and have other family members that want to use it, you can use Profiles to switch between various display options, there’s no need to password-protect everything. Plus, with RoboForm you get to use more secure passwords for all your sites since it has its own password generator.
Trust me, RoboForm offers more than written above. And once you’ve started using it, there’s no going back since you’ll see how much time it saves you. They offer a free version that has support for 10 different logins, so in the worst-case scenario (i.e. you don’t win a license) you can still use it just not with all your logins (if you have more than 10). Tested it before? Feel free to drop a comment to tell others what was your experience with RoboForm.