[Giveaway] 10 licenses for Bitdefender Total Security 2015
UPDATE: The contest is over, thank you all for participating and be sure to subscribe to receive future contest notifications via email. The winners were sent an email, here’s the list of those that won: JANE D.; Bibek L.; Hhtc; Alex Q.; Audrey G.; Jay P.; Maverick S.; Ghalib; Kaushik M.; Spy G.
Through the goodwill of some nice guys at Bitdefender I received 10 licenses for Bitdefender Total Security 2015 to give away to (guess how many) lucky winners. The rules are dead simple:
- Scroll to the contest widget below
- Choose an action participate in the giveaway
- Optionally you can perform optional actions (i.e. follow a Twitter account) to get extra entries
- Tell your friends (not mandatory but I’d be much obliged)
- Don’t cheat as you can be disqualified if I catch you using multiple accounts or doing anything “murky” – play fair as there will be many other giveaways organized here so in the future you’ll be able to get licenses for other software as well.
The contest will take place between February 18 (12:00 AM GMT+2) and February 22 (12:AM GMT+2). The winners will be announced on Sunday, February 22 and licenses delivered less than 24 hrs after. There are 10 licenses for Bitdefender Total Security 2015, each valid for 1 year. The value of a license is $70 so the total prize is $700 which is quite the value if you ask me. Below is the widget that lets you participate in the Bitdefender contest:
About Bitdefender Total Security 2015
If you’ve been on the “Internets” for a while you probably heard about Bitdefender, as they are one of the top antivirus solutions. They’ve received a PC Mag Editor choice and best security suite for 2015 (details here), they receive constant awards from VirusBuletin (every other month a VB100 award), Av Comparatives and pretty much every source that matters. I say the graphic below created by AV-TEST says it best how good Bitdefender is as an antivirus solution:
Pretty impressive from a solution developed by Romanians, isn’t it? What, you didn’t know that Bitdefender started in Romania? Let me amaze you even more by saying you already use a Romanian security solution if you have a Windows PC – in 2003 Microsoft acquired the RAV antivirus solution developed by Gecad, a Romanian company. They went ahead and included that in the Windows OS (security essentials, malware protection) so again, most likely you’ve used or are using a Romanian solution – true that Microsoft did their “best” to skin the RAV solution and that’s probably why in the graph above Security Essentials is last.
Nationalist declarations aside, Bitdefender is a great solution and the Total Security is the top of them all. It includes so many protection tools it’s gonna take me forever to list them. However, here’s an image that shows all their editions compared side-by-side, just to make the digital-you drool all over your keyboard:
Yes, in terms of security protection, Bitdefender Total Security 2015 is the top tier you’d be able to purchase from their site. I was reading recently that a new virus, CARABANAK, victimized over 100 banks all over the world and hackers were able to steal close to $1 billion. Yeah, not having good protection is costly, and I can bet that those bank employees that opened the email attachment promising naked photos of XX celebrity didn’t have an updated security solution installed. So stay safe, it’s not difficult, let the pros handle it. Talking about PROS, here is a short list of features included in Bitdefender Total Security 2015:
- OneClick Security. I love how the new trend in apps is to simplify things. That’s what Bitdefender offers, a single click to start protecting your computer. Even if you’re a computer expert you’d still love this since you don’t have to waste time browsing through a plethora of options as some other providers make you to.
- Antivirus and Anti-spyware. The core of the suite, engines that protect you against viruses, spyware and other unwanted -wares. These engines rely on behavioral technologies to protect from unknown threats as well, so not only on their current virus database. It’s Bitdefender set on autopilot, start it and forget about.
- Resource friendly. Bitdefender Photon (cool name!) accelerates scanning speed while using the least amount of resources it can.
- Movies, Work, Games Profiles. Bitdefender “knows” when you work, play, entertain yourself (digitally!) so it will prevent other apps from interfering.
- Startup Optimizer. Boot time is incredibly faster after Bitdefender manages the programs that launch when your computer starts. It will allow you to disable them, not do it automatically, so you have the choice of choosing what to disable.
- Vulnerability Scanner. You can scan your computer for outdated software, missing OS patches and unsafe OS settings.
- PC Tune-Up. Everything needs tunning up once in a while, and your computer is no exception – with Bitdefender you’ll be able to speed it up and free space.
- Safe Online Banking and Shopping. Bitdefender includes a dedicated browser that secures the transaction between you and your online banking – protecting this way against rogue keystroke worms.
- Wallet. Enter credit card details and store them in the safe wallet to speed up online shopping.
- Secure Browsing. Bitdefender scans the links that load in your browser, even in search results, and it will block access to them if it detects they’re virus-infected (with computer viruses not smallpox).
- Two-Way Firewall. Prevent unauthorized access to your network, and also monitors what applications want to communicate with the outside, even over Wi-Fi networks.
- Parental Control. If you don’t want your kids to accidentally discover things they should discover when they’re adults, use Bitdefender’s parental control features to restrict access. Set specific time intervals when they can use the computer.
- Cloud Antispam. The anti-spam engine is powered by cloud technology, unwanted emails won’t even reach your junk folder.
- Secure Online Storage. You can store your important files online in secure locations.
- Device Anti-Theft. Locks, wipes or even locates your laptop from any Internet-connected device you have at hand.
- File Encryption. Locks up confidential files in an encrypted vault.
With Total Security you really get 100% security protection. If you’ve read this far remember to share this with your friends so at least even if you don’t win, you’ll give them a chance at staying protected. Also, if you’ve used Bitdefender before or currently use it, feel free to share your opinion on what you think about it so that others will be better informed. If you’re eager to try it you can visit their site now and download a trial, until the contest ends: Bitdefender Total Security 2015.