[Giveaway] 5 full licenses for ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
The giveaway is over, but you can still get ZoneAlarm Internet Security for free via TrialPay: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite free via TrialPay
Today marks the start of a new contest here at GoodLe and what better program to offer than one of the most popular internet security suites out there, ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. With the help of Check Point Software (the company that develops ZoneAlarm) we’re able to offer 5 full licenses (1 year subscription), each with the value of $79.95. Best of all, the only thing you have to do is simply sign-up for free via the giveaway widget below and you could be one of the winners:
Each of the participants receives by default 1 entry thus a chance to win one of the licenses when the giveaway is over. However, you can increase your chances by inviting other people or doing various extra-actions (optional of course). You’re encouraged to do as many as you feel doing, as long as you agree to the rules below:
- The giveaway lasts for 7 days, starting today, May 20, 2013. Ending date will be on May 27, 2013 and the winners will be announced and emailed on May 28th.
- There are no restrictions based on any demographic element, thus anyone can participate for free.
- When the giveaway ends there will be a random drawing for each of the 5 licenses of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. Each participant has a number of chances to win equal to the number of entries they have.
- Don’t cheat by creating multiple accounts for the same person, I reserve the right to disqualify any users that are caught doing this. There are legal ways you can increase your chances, such as recommending this giveaway to your friends.
About ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
ZoneAlarm is one of the pioneers in the firewall security field and to date they have more than 80 million downloads. I downloaded and installed a trial and everything went smoothly, first you get an installer wrapper of only 2.3Mb, which lets you configure some of the basic installation steps (choosing for instance to enable/disable the ZoneAlarm Toolbar, enabling auto-learn mode vs maximum security mode) and ends with bringing the whole setup (around 235Mb) and finalizing the installation.
It’s recommended to keep the auto-learn mode as it will configure the security options based on behavior automatically, whereas the maximum security one will ask you to manually control each application request to access the internet.
Here are some of the most important features of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite:
- Advanced (2-way) Firewall. The firewall is what got ZoneAlarm its popularity and is still an important part of the internet security suite. It will block computer invasions based on suspicious hacker activity. It will also monitor applications installed on your computer that want to silently communicate over the internet and take action based on its configuration. Your computer will be ‘invisible’ online to hackers thus protected from intrusions.
- Antivirus & Anti-spyware Engine. It will protect your computer against spyware, viruses and any other malware threats through its antivirus engine. Thus you won’t have to worry about trojan horses, worms and even rootkits as they will be proactively detected and quarantined. Virus database list gets updated frequently, thus this is why the yearly subscription is important.
- Application Control. With ZIS you get full control over external communications initiated by installed applications. It will block dangerous behaviors and unauthorized internet transmissions through its network firewall that screens all programs. By default ZoneAlarm will enable DefenseNet, a cloud-based service that detects over 50,000 new applications and threats daily and it’s recommended to leave it on for better protection.
- Web security. Whenever you browse on the Internet is when your computer is the most exposed to threats. That’s why ZIS will block dangerous web sites and downloads (advanced download protection will warn if you try to download a program that was flagged as dangerous).
- Anti-Spam. For sure dozens if not hundreds of spam messages flood your email account daily. With this internet security suite, you’ll be able to have a clean inbox as ZIS will block dangerous/annoying emails in Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express.
- Parental Controls. Your children might be exposed to various Internet websites that are not safe for them not to mention internet predators. You can enable parental controls to have ZIS filter and block out inappropriate websites and limit the time your children spend on the Internet.
- Identity Protection. Your online identity is as important as your physical one, thus it’s mandatory to have it protected. ZoneAlarm will monitor and safeguard your online identity. If there will be any attempts to access it without proper authorization, you’ll be alerted (especially when programs try to access your credit files).
- Online Backup. Between hardware failures, malware infections or even user errors, your important data is exposed to risk. You can reduce that risk to a minimum by backing it up remotely to online locations. ZoneAlarm offers by default 5Gb of online backup storage in the trial version through a partnership with IDrive (a leader in online backup services). If you want more storage space you can get 150Gb of storage for only $5/month.
- Other features. ZoneAlarm has other features that make your computer safer, such as: ‘do not track’, an option to stop data collecting companies from tracking you online; ‘Facebook privacy scan’, will scan your activity on the popular social network to alert you of privacy concerns and allow you to set what others can see; ‘private browsing’, allows you to surf the web in full privacy (no cookies/history will be recorded).
Finally, I’ve found on their site a comparison between what ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite offers vs what Norton Internet Security and McAffee Internet Security do offer:
Are you currently using ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite or have done so in the past? Feel free to share with the rest of us your opinion of it.
P.S. If you’re anxious on getting ZoneAlarm for free and don’t feel lucky enough, there’s another way you can obtain it for free via TrialPay. Simply visit this url and finalize an offer to obtain a free full license: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.